Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Update On Why I'm Not Updating

Good grief, have I really let this thing slide for three days? When I first started blogging, I was content to post maybe once or twice a week. Now I don't like letting it sit idle for more than a day or two, tops.

Anyway.

The main impediment here is a lack of computer. I'm in the process of relocating my home office, and several days ago, I unplugged my computer and all its attachments (i.e, printer, keyboard, iPod, wireless receiver, and what I think is a bugging device attached by the RNC), thinking I would be moving it to its new location quickly. Three days later, my CPU is still sitting upstairs in my old office -- sans keyboard and monitor and everything else -- still unplugged and still unused, all of which makes blogging rather difficult. The delay in moving it downstairs is due largely to the fact that it's taking longer to pull telephone in the new office than I thought, mainly because the wiring in the old house is -- typically -- not up to snuff. So we're taking apart, and putting back together -- which, given my patience, takes quite a while.

The end is near, however, and I'm hoping to be back up and running by this weekend, so I can get back to juggling projects. At least now I can do so in a room that actually has heat in it.