Come join the fun as I give what I call my E! True Hollywood Story talk:
- LAUGH! as Irving dances with the “fine, portly, buxom dame” Dolley Madison (even as he finds President Madison to be a depressing “withered apple-john”!)
- CHEER! as Irving assists Martin van Buren in negotiating the West Indies trade agreement!
- SWOON! as Frankenstein novelist Mary Shelley tries to put the moves on Irving!
- HISS! as Edgar Allan Poe and James Fenimore Cooper flatter Irving to his face, then stab him in the back!
- APPLAUD! as Irving hosts a public dinner for Charles Dickens in New York City (but botches the speech)!
Come on, it’ll be fun! And I even made sure it wasn’t on a Presidential debate night.
I'll be speaking for at least 30 minutes and taking questions for as long as you want to ask them. I'll be happy to sign books -- and if you don't yet have one (I know the Borders and B&Ns in the immediate area are sold out), there'll be a limited number available for sale, if you're so inclined.
More details can be found here.